January 15, 2021
We are excited to announce a major release of SMART Learning Suite coming February, 2021. In addition to significant product enhancements, customers will see a new trial model and a fresh new website.
SMART Learning Suite is web-based software that helps teachers create engaging lessons students interact with through their devices, in class, remotely, or on their own time. It’s a flexible tool that supports active learning and collaboration by giving teachers the power to transform lesson content, ignite engagement, and capture insight into learning.
Whether remote, blended or in a one-to-one classroom setting, these product enhancements are designed to provide effective, engaging and interactive learning experiences that will attract new customers and enhance all customers’ experiences.
Here’s what’s coming in February:
New! Fresh ready-made resources.
- A new Lesson Showcase lets teachers explore resources directly in SMART Learning Suite Online. They can find resources on Distance Learning, Manage your Classroom, Emotional Literacy, new manipulatives and more, and easily add them to their lesson library with one click.
Updated! Trial now based on storage.
- Customers who try SMART Learning Suite for free will have their use of the product restricted by storage (50MB) instead of time (45 days).
- Once customers exceed their storage limit, they will not lose content but will be unable to create or deliver lessons until they upgrade to a paid account.
- Customers trying the software for free will continue to have access to all features within the software.
Enhanced! Game-based Activities just got better.
Edit handouts and workspaces: Teachers will now have the option to change handouts and workspaces back into presentation pages so that they can edit the activities.
Add a question or title field to Shout it Out activities: A question or a title can be added during activity creation and will be displayed at the top of the activity for students to see.
Image enhancements in activities
- Image magnification: Teachers and students can click the magnification icon to enlarge images in Rank Order, Super Sort, Flip Out and Match ‘em Up! activities.
- Bing image search: Teachers can search for images using Bing directly within activity templates.
- Add images in Game Show and Speed Up activities: Images can be used for both questions and answers.
Customized themes for more activities: Teachers can customize the look and feel of Flip Out and Fill in the Blanks activities by changing background and item images.
Watch for these exciting updates coming February 2021!
Note: SMART Notebook basic version is not impacted by changes to SMART Learning Suite. It continues to be free software included with the purchase of an interactive display.